- The base made entirely of sections of piping, including fittings
- The stem of the lamp has be made from a salvaged clothes horse;
- A pair of ventilator fan outer cases have been assembled on the lamp holder to form the concentric "petals" of the "carnivorous plant"
- CE compliant wiring/fittings provide for the use of a 15 W, 8000-hour energy-saving light bulb.
- The paint used is water-based (rather than epoxy) with low VOC emissions*
*hazardous substances thought to contribute to the depletion of the ozone layer